Monday, April 25, 2011

The big 10

You know, even Health Professionals need a little self-care and self maintenance every once in a while. I have been coaching clients privately for exactly a year now.  I love my new business and I LOVE my clients.  I have realized though that all my attentions have been on my clients and my work, and I have lost a healthy balance of supporting myself in conducting a supreme holistic lifestyle!  Ok, it will never be perfect and I realize that there is an ebb and flow to how we prioritize but let me just speak the truth.  I am feeling the extra flab.  5-10 lbs makes a huge difference and I am about to hang out in a bikini for a weekend. This is not acceptable. As of now I will be hanging out OF the bikini! Come on, I am allowed to say that.

So I have a month. Well, less than.  I am not going to live in a state of depravity, but I am going to lay some ground rules for myself.  That is how I would handle anyone of my clients.  My job as a health coach is to support them in their goals and what they desire for themselves.  So, here are mine:

I want to...
1. Lose 10 lbs by May 20th.
1a. Feel ok if it's just 5
2. Quit indulging in my cheating whims and let it be ok to tell myself no.
2a. Catch myself when I say "oh it's only a little bit" because it ends up being "a little bit" multiple times a day
3. Exercise everyday
4. Eat what I know is healthy and satisfying to me and my body
5. Gain a clearer understanding of my cravings and why I am indulging in them

Do I think 10lbs is doable?  I might question that goal if someone were to approach me asking for help with just that singular goal.  I would know there were deeper issues.  And yes, there are deeper issues here that I need to submit to.  The need to overeat, indulging in my cravings, munching all the time, anxiety eating, maintaining a healthy immune system and dealing with my compromised digestive track.  There are reasons for my behaviors and actions and I need to pay attention to them, address them, and make some changes.  That's when the weight will come off.  Meanwhile, I will eat what I know is right for me.

My health is ever-changing.  It started with my own health coach 3 years ago who helped me lose 15 lbs, get off medications, and find confidence and self-worth.  Since that transformation I continue to discover new layers of health.  It's fun and exciting as well as challenging, but I don't think there is any better reward than overcoming the challenges, gaining more knowledge of how to listen to my body, and understanding what it needs.

I hope you are intrigued and inspired by my blog.  My hope is that it will inspire you to seek nutrition and how it relates to your body.  ...and I also truly hope that I will indeed lose the weight.  If I do, I will post a pic to prove it!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your updates! This sounds great and really inspiring. Good luck and I am looking forward to your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally on board!! How's the diet going - what's the update?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are on board Kari! Check out the May 7th blog for my diet details. If you are inspired, give it a try... but modify it for yourself because this diet was build for me and my body type and issues. Lemme know how's it's going for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks... The DL! ;) Would love to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete