Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Blip

I had a great client session today.  We went through all her cupboards and fridge and replaced processed high sugar, high salt items with healthy high-nutrient foods.  It was interesting to see a sadness in her demeanor as she was doing the thing she knew she had to be doing but didn't want to. (her choice, by the way)  We threw out was mostly candy, chocolate, sugary peanut butter, and highly processed protein bars.  Throwing away sugary treats means throwing away a certain comfort and emotional attachment.  She knows it's time to fill that hole with other things.

So you know what I did?  After having this enlightening experience with her, I went downstairs to Argo Tea and got this sugary boba tea.  Is that what it's called?  Or bubble tea. I didn't realize how MUCH sugar they put in it until I tasted it! It was almost disgusting but I kept on drinking it!! ?? Point is I indulged in the very thing that I know is so bad for me! Sugar! And I never do anything like that!  Maybe it was because I was in mourning for my client, but most likely I am coming down off my sugar high from Easter weekend (chocolate covered almonds and something called butter krack) and I indulged in my craving.  I live a life free of refined sugar and mostly all sugars except for special occasions.  I do this because of how addictive it is.  I can't live a life of reason when sugar is in my diet.  Some people are more sensitive than others. I am one of those people.  That drink put me out for the rest of the day and after my sugar high... I took a nap.  Lesson learned.  And if I want to lose weight... no more funny business.

No comments:

Post a Comment